Anthesis is global sustainability and solutions consultancy offering services to clients in many different business sectors.
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
This role will work alongside our existing Strategy & Communications practice members helping a wide range of clients set, drive and report on strategies for sustainability. Projects vary from research and analysis work including materiality assessments, to developing strategies, setting goals and devising communications plans, to managing working sessions with clients, to the preparation of a range of outputs from reports to presentations to digital content. Senior consultants at Anthesis also manage projects and support business development. This role may require regular travel within the United Kingdom and occasionally travel for work outside the United Kingdom.
Sustainability reporting is an important part of our work, and a focus for this role. Responsibilities will include joining our client-facing teams to develop content for sustainability reports, ESG reports and related annual submissions. Our scope of work often extends into developing reporting content (written, numerical and graphical) on sustainability metrics for clients in retail, construction, financial services, the tech and apparel sectors. Ideally, you will have experience and understanding of reporting frameworks, with some proven delivery experience in one or more of Global Reporting Initiative, IIRC integrated reporting framework, Sustainability Accounting Standards Boards, CDP, Taskforce for Climate related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Support our team to develop, sell and deliver existing and new products and services, working directly with clients throughout this process
· Develop creative corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy concepts and content
· Deliver on-site and remote support, including programme and project management
· Carry out research including surveys, benchmarking and stakeholder interviews.
· Lead on commissioning, writing and editing engaging copy on a range of sustainability topics, including reporting and GRI frameworks
· Manage multiple projects independently with minimal supervision to meet tight deadlines.
Key skills and experience
· Excellent writing skills, able to adapt style and tone of voice to different applications
· Experience of sustainability strategy and reporting in a consulting, agency or in-house environment
· Strong project management skills, ideally managing diverse teams across different functions and geographies
· Experience of business development, proposal writing and pitching, with strong presentational skills
· Knowledge and experience of a range of sustainability strategy and reporting standards and processes, including some or all of UN SDGs, GRI, IIRC, SBTI, CDP, ESG reporting and materiality assessment
· Knowledge and experience of strategy processes including goal setting, KPIs and systems for data collection, management and reporting.
We are looking for a broad spread of skills and experience and appreciate that most candidates will not have all of the above – we are keen to see applications from applicants with a good spread of these skills and willingness to learn in the others.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience - the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.