We’re hiring a Senior Digital Product Designer at Made by Many to make digital products in a uniquely collaborative way that brings technology, culture and people together to drive big change. We work with some of the world's most forward-looking companies such as the V&A, Nando’s, Nike, Finnair, Spotify and The World Economic Forum to build best in class digital experiences and define new working practices for them.
Design is at the heart of everything we do. A designer's role at Made by Many is to balance the business priorities of the clients we work with, whilst championing the needs of the users we design for.
Here you’ll have the opportunity to do some of the best work of your life as part of a team of experienced designers, engineers, product managers and strategists.
Made by Many offers the opportunity to gain an exceptional level of experience in a short space of time. As a senior designer you will not only be creating experiences for web, mobile and connected products but also using these products and our process to help create change in our clients organisations. From coaching our clients in what it takes to make digital products, to establishing new ways of working for them to adapt to the changing landscape. As a member of our design team you will be a collaborator and creator, a consultant and a craftsperson.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can work at all stages of the product development lifecycle, from user research and conception through to prototyping and delivery.
- Can translate an idea or prototype into production ready designs, understanding the high level constraints of the user, technology, business and brand.
- Can collaborate and actively participate with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver successful outcomes within tight deadlines.
- Can successfully deliver presentations and confidently discuss your work on an ad-hoc basis, either with clients or your peers.
- Can manage their time effectively, deal well with ambiguity and take responsibility for delivering finished designs to high standards and tight deadlines.
- Feels comfortable presenting work to senior stakeholders. Unlike other design studios, our designers are given the responsibility of delivering our thinking to members of our clients Executive teams.
- When necessary is happy to travel to meet our clients and their customers.
We really care about your career
We’ve spent the last ten years building products and services that matter. These experiences have lead us to develop an industry leading professional development programme. This programme helps you build upon your design and professional skills across the company, progressing your career at Made by Many and beyond.
Work in an environment made for learning and improving
We’ve put a lot of thought and effort into creating an environment that is built for continuous learning and improvement. We all believe in sharing knowledge generously, experimenting with new tools and techniques, working in small, empowered teams and celebrating our successes as well as analysing where we can improve.
We’re lucky to work in a beautiful studio -- Diespeker Wharf, a former marble factory -- right next to Regent’s Canal in Angel, London. This job posting is for UK based applications only and isn't suited to remote working.
Salary and company benefits
We believe that how we behave says more than plain old words. That’s why we offer excellent maternity and paternity benefits, 25+ days’ holiday as standard (often with a surprise extra few days at Christmas), flexible working, free breakfasts, volunteer hours, private healthcare, a company phone and a whole host of other benefits that make life that bit more sane and enjoyable. The salary range for this role is £50,000 to £70,000, dependant on experience.
How to Apply
To apply, simply click on the apply link at the top of this page where you’ll be asked a few questions in order to submit your application.
We're using Be Applied to improve the recruitment process and reduce bias. This means it might feel different from other job applications, but bear with us - your engagement with the Equal Opportunities form tells us if we’re successfully reaching a diverse pool of jobseekers. And your answers to the questions we ask are your opportunity to demonstrate how you think and how well-matched you are to the role. It’s always worth going the extra mile.
Need help with your portfolio? Here’s some top advice from Made by Many’s Adam Morris:
We reply to every applicant, however we only give personalised feedback to individuals who we’ve interviewed in person.
Closing date: w/c 16 July 2018
First round interviews: w/c 23 July 2018