The Global Innovation Fund, www.globalinnovation.fund, (GIF) is a non-profit, social-first investment vehicle established as a ‘VC for fragile places’ to find, fund, and scale-up cost-effective, evidence-based innovations that have the potential to measurably improve the lives of millions of people living on $5 a day or less. GIF was founded to invest in innovations that will inspire fresh thinking and create better solutions in developing countries.
The fund seeks to hire an Operations Associate. This role will be based in our Washington D.C. office. The Operations Associate will provide support to the investment team and administer our instance of Salesforce (Sales Cloud) CRM. Responsibilities will include:
The role has three main components:
Support Investment Process
● Coordinating progression of applications through the GIF investment and portfolio processes;
● Providing customer service support for GIF’s applicants for funding, including answering general external email inquiries from applicants and interested third parties;
● Preparation of materials (e.g., agendas, presentations and minutes) and coordination of meetings, including for GIF’s Internal Investment Committee, Decision Panels, board, and funders;
● Identifying opportunities for improving efficiency of the investment and portfolio processes and implementing them;
● Providing administrative support to the GIF team on additional tasks that have a strong administrative or logistical component.
● Serving as the primary Salesforce (Sales Cloud) CRM administrator;
● Maintaining user roles, profiles and permissions;
● Configuring basic changes to the system including custom objects, workflow rules and page layouts;
● Escalating advance changes to our external development consultancy and managing these to completion;
Oversee data collection, management and reporting
● Working to gather and understand reporting requirements to support organisational decision-making;
● Designing and building reports in Salesforce and MS Excel to satisfy organisational requirements;
● Acting as the wider GIF ‘data conscience’, i.e. ensuring the right data is collected and kept up-to-date;
● Developing structures and processes for the creation, storage and archiving of key documents;
● Administering GIF’s cloud-based knowledge management and file management software;
● Managing quarterly and annual reporting associated with GIF’s portfolio and external funder requirements (e.g., IATI);
The Global Innovation Fund is a dynamic and rapidly growing start-up entity; the Operations Associate will be expected to adapt quickly to the needs of the organisation and could have a range of other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Relevant work experience (e.g. administrative or programmatic assistant);
● Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to multi-task and prioritise;
● Experience of working on projects of wide scope with multiple different level stakeholders;
● Attention to detail, accuracy and organisation skills; an aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making;
● Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
● Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong customer service skills;
● Experience with data analysis and management (e.g. in MS Excel) preferred;
● Passion, humility, integrity, team player, and a spirited sense of humour.
● At least a year’s commercial experience administering Salesforce (Sales Cloud) CRM;
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
● Experience structuring, managing and maintaining effective organisational strategies in relation to knowledge management and file management systems such as Box and MS SharePoint Online;
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● A bachelor’s degree;
● A recent Salesforce administrator certification such as Salesforce ADM 201;
● Knowledge of FormAssembly and AmpImpact;
● Experience with Box, MS SharePoint Online and/or MS OneDrive for Business;
● A commitment to international development and social innovation, and
● Knowledge of the IATI reporting framework.
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject title. Please also include the following:
● A short covering note with an example of a time you dramatically improved the efficiency and productivity of a process or team and links to any blogs or other public social media accounts that you contribute to;
● Your CV.
The closing date for applications is 25th January 2019. The salary range for this position is competitive with similar roles at other social enterprises. Global Innovation Fund is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Recruitment will be conducted on the basis of merit, against objective criteria that avoid discrimination. The successful candidate will need to have the right to work in our Washington D.C. office.