💚 Top 100 employer in The Escape 100
Oak National Academy is a fast-paced, innovative organisation working to improve pupil outcomes and close the disadvantage gap by supporting teachers to teach, and pupils to access a high-quality curriculum. We provide teachers with free access to thousands of adaptable lesson resources and share inspiration, expertise and best-practice advice on curriculum design.
We’re a small team, but we’ve already made a big impact. During the pandemic, pupils completed 150 million of our lessons. Now they’re back in the classroom, tens of thousands of teachers continue to use our resources to support their teaching.
At Oak, we work towards a culture of freedom, responsibility and continuous improvement. To achieve this, we are building a lean but expert team who want to make a difference in education. Our employees are talented, caring, candid and believe in working together to find better solutions.
We believe in trying new approaches and not being restricted by how things have been done in the past. That said, we look for evidence and data to underpin our approaches and our experiments. We use this approach in all that we do from product development through to organisation rhythm and the employee package.
As well as the other perks and benefits mentioned on this page we've provided some additional information below.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 day each year in addition up to a maximum of 28 days (plus days between Christmas and New Year given)
- 11% employer contribution to pension (Nest) with no minimum employee contribution
- Our full-time weeks are 36 hours and compressed to 4.5 days so we have half day Fridays or one Friday off every fortnight
- Although a lot of our work aligns around school terms, our employment contracts are year round
- Some people love working from home (which is great because we are fully remote!) but others like to like to be around people and some just want to have choices. We are keen to support in all circumstances and we have a small office space in central London, and offer flexi-desk arrangements around the country if that is something you want. We also have termly all Oak meetings in person.
If you share our values and want to be a part of something unique which is making a difference to millions of children's lives, then we would absolutely love to hear from you.
Perks and benefits
Who is Applied?
Applied are here to change how hiring works. Based on years of research and knowledge, Applied’s goal is to remove unconscious bias from the process.
Their platform uses blind recruitment and the most predictive measures to determine the best candidates for your organisation’s roles; regardless of their background and providing a journey people love.