Made by Many London is opening its doors to an internship team this summer. If you’re excited by making products that matter and would like the opportunity to explore this through a three-month internship, read on.
We combine a strong cross-disciplinary approach to work and are looking for a Product Designer, a Technologist and a Product Manager to join the programme. You will work together as a team, to a defined brief, with mentorship and coaching from experienced Made by Many people.
Who should apply
You are someone who cares about how (and why) successful, innovative products are made.
Product managers at Made by Many are responsible for shaping the vision of a product throughout the design process all the way to a successful launch. They act as the voice of the customer whilst balancing the business goals and facilitating the work of an cross-disciplinary team.
At a glance you should:
- be curious about the way that digital products work
- enjoy sifting through data and talking to customers to uncover new insights and opportunities
- have strong communication skills
- feel at home in open, collaborative environments and working with a close-knit team
- be eager to learn about design research, rapid prototyping and sustainable business models
You might be studying, or a recent graduate in a field like business, data, technology or entrepreneurship - or you might already be working and want to shift your career to focus on product management and strategy. Our product managers come from a diverse range of backgrounds and we’re open-minded about the type of person we’d like to join us this summer. If you can demonstrate a passion for what we do, and how we do it, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll team up with two other interns: a Technologist and a Product Designer to work on existing digital products. Throughout the process, you'll gain first-hand experience using the same design tools and methods we use every day, including user research, collaborative sketching and rapid prototyping. In the end, you'll walk away with an amazing set of skills and sterling work to boost your portfolio.
To see what this looks like, check out this blog last year’s interns created, and take a look at Hackaball, a connected device conceived by a few of our interns in London.
What you should know
- The internship runs for 3 months (July-September)
- This is a paid, full-time position (40 hours/week)
- We require that you work here, in person, in our canal-side London studio
- We are currently only accepting people who are eligible to work in the EU