To define our target audiences and ensure that we hold and use the necessary insight to shape our thinking, planning and activity (encouraging and supporting this approach across our organisation). The Head plans and instigates mutually engaged relationships with our target audiences, converting awareness, understanding and consideration to action. The Head develops and executes a plan to reach our audiences, through a wide range of channels, offering the opportunity to play an active part in our work, through a mix of activities and ‘calls to action’ including volunteering, donating , campaigning fundraising and/or taking part in an event (subject to the interests and motivations of the audience). The Head leads a team of 9 to achieve/surpass fundraising targets as well as other engagement KPIs and metrics. Leading a team of engagement experts, the Head has a key role in conveying our brand values and Changing Minds narrative to our audiences, building public will to take action to end the need for food banks in the UK.
● Define and develop our target audience and ensure that insight and understanding is gathered and used on an ongoing basis
● Develop and implement an effective plan to engage our target audience at scale, at a good ROI and to achieve engagement and fundraising targets
● Provide leadership, direction, support and line management to the Audience Insight & Engagement team to ensure objectives and targets are met
● Develop, on an ongoing basis, a range of activities and 'calls to action' based on audience insight, to cost effectively engage our audiences e.g. events, campaigning, volunteering, donating, fundraising
● Develop and implement an effective welcome (onboarding programme)
● Work with colleagues across the Public Engagement Directorate to develop and deliver and excellent supporter experience across all touch points
● Work with Head of Supporter Retention & Development to devise effective supporter journeys to maximise LTV of all segments
● Work with Head of Strategic Communications to help develop and then consistently use, across all activity, our Changing Minds narrative and framing
● Work with Head of Marketing and colleagues across PE to build the Trussell Trust Brand and to ensure its consistent application across all engagement activity
● Work with colleagues to develop and deliver an audience focused, integrated communications plan
● Achieve/surpass fundraising budgets and KPIs
● Establish supporter journey metrics and KPIs and lead team to achieve/surpass
● Ensure effective data capture and sharing protocols across all activity
● Develop a culture of innovation, resourcefulness and best practice to make the best use of time and skills in the team.
● Promote collaborative working across the team and with other teams across the Trussell Trust
● Any other reasonable duties as specified by your line manager or members of the executive team to support the work of the Trust.