We're looking for a Finance and Operations Director for 12 months maternity cover to support the CEO in all aspects of operations and finance. Reporting to the CEO, you will work alongside the Office Manager to ensure that Doteveryone is as well-organised and effective as possible, and able to achieve our charitable goals.
You will be responsible for:
- All operational aspects, including project delivery and resourcing, finance, legal, governance & HR
- Managing the risk profile of the organisation in close collaboration with the board of trustees
- Managing any commercial activity, through the CIC, that will benefit and enhance the charitable aims of Doteveryone
- Guardianship of the team’s well-being and productivity
- Dealings with the Charity Commission, adherence to charitable objects, delivering excellence in governance and with the board of trustees
- Supporting the team with proposals for fundraising and developing new partnershipsRequirements
- A proven leader, with experience of managing and enabling a developing organisation
- Able to demonstrate experience in a range of operational and finance roles and tasks
- Able to operate at all levels: with people who work at the highest tier of the government and corporate worlds, with bootstrapped start-ups and tech activists, and in on-the ground delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships with the team and our partners
- Committed to the values and goals of Doteveryone
- Organised, with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthused by challenges, motivated to solve problems and adapt to a changing environmentDesirable but not essential:
- Experience of working in the charity or social enterprise sector
- Understanding of and experience in working in the internet and social innovationBenefits
- Based in our central London office
- Includes a competitive salary and pension (£60-70k)
- 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus a two-week annual shutdown in August (at the discretion of the CEO)
- We welcome applications from people who want to work a 4 or 5 day week. We are fans of flexible working but would expect this role to be based mostly in our office
We are an equal opportunities employer; we believe that diverse teams create better work, and as such we welcome a broad range of perspectives, approaches and backgrounds.
1st round interviews - Thursday 25 / Friday 26 May
2nd round interviews - Monday 5 June
Doteveryone believes a vibrant, inclusive digital society is as important as a thriving digital economy. So we’re fighting for a fairer Internet.
Founded by Martha Lane Fox, and announced in her Dimbleby Lecture in 2015, Doteveryone was proposed as “a new national institution that would lead an ambitious charge – to make us the most digital nation on the planet”. However, we have grown from that original ambition.
Here’s what we’re working on, in 2017 and beyond.
Knowledge is power. That means people who understand digital have the power to create a better society – one where we all benefit from and make better decisions about technology.
The first step towards leading the world in ethical technology is building practical, usable guidelines around ethical ways of creating and deploying digital — ones that can help create change in ways which work for everyone.
Our leaders need digital understanding so they can make confident, informed and effective decisions for their organisation and their users, properly reflecting the opportunities and risks of the digital age.
We’re building the future by identifying and championing the needs of people who might be edge cases for mainstream technology, doing experiments and creating pilot projects that show what good looks like, and cultivating alternative networks so that new ideas and different value propositions can emerge.