Please refer to the role profile for further information - https://people-withyou.co.uk/candidate-profile
To improve outcomes for people who use our services and grow the number of people we help, the contracts we deliver and their margin.
Main responsibilities / duties
• Provide clear direction and leadership to translate the organisation's strategy into reality.
• Build leadership capability across the Operations team to get the best from each other and deliver our strategic goals.
• Motivate and develop a team of managers to fulfil their potential. Develop succession plans and nurture and develop talent in your teams.
• Collaborate across the organisation to develop, deliver and communicate organisational goals.
• Develop and lead the delivery of an operational plan designed to carry out the organisation's strategy and meet statutory and contractual requirements.
• Provide insight from market intelligence to make sure we adopt best practice and supporting development as a whole field.
• Shape engagement and collaboration with people who use our services and volunteers, to involve them in the design, delivery and advocacy of our strategy, services and plans.
• Be accountable for the delivery of a portfolio of services which support our strategic goals and deliver positive outcomes and value for money.
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement, with constant and focused effort on improving the way we work to deliver outstanding results within or below the funding available.
• Responsible for ensuring consistently high standards of service are delivered across the organisation.
• Lead and performance manage in line with internal and external key performance indicators and meet or exceed regulator requirements.
• Identify key stakeholders and partners and develop effective working relationships to continuously improve service delivery.
• Manage services to deliver the required margin for the region through invest to save, cost improvements or income growth.
• Develop and embed a strong culture of effective financial and contract management.
• Ensure managers remain within agreed budgets getting value for money and explaining any variance.
• Generate fundraised income and make effective use of volunteers.
Compliance and safety
• Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory and voluntary regulators standards, legislation including Health & Safety, GDPR and internal audits and policies.
• Respond positively to internal audits using them to help identify areas for improvement.
• Lead and embed the organisation's risk management approach and ensure mitigating actions are taken and risks are identified promptly.
• Work with the New Business and Contract Retention team to develop effective stakeholder relationships, influence commissioners, retain contracts and win new business.
• Build strong relationships with commissioners, potential partners and influential stakeholders to ensure positive context for regional service delivery, expansion of services and winning new contracts.
• Support our Media and Policy team to secure consistent, high profile, proactive and reactive media coverage relevant to our mission and strategy by providing case studies and examples and act as a charity champion to help people know where to go to get support.
Change and improvement
• Work with the Executive Director of Services and organisational senior leaders to support organisation wide transformational change projects and embed them in operations.
• Create an environment of improvement and innovation and support teams to use quality tools to incrementally improve the services we deliver and the results we achieve in line with our strategy.
• Influence commissioning bodies and collaborate with Business Development colleagues to expand and improve our offer.
• Provide accurate and timely reports to the Chief Executive, Executive Team, Board of Trustees, its committees and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrate via reporting that we are operating safely and effectively and that new ways of working are implemented and embedded.
• Ensure data is collected to enable us to monitor and evaluate the outcomes and impact of services for users.
• Use data to make informed decisions about service quality and the effect of changes.
• Confidentiality: Ensure confidentiality at all times, only releasing confidential or personalised information externally with consent from a line manager.
• Data Protection Act: Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and amendments to ensure integrity and security of our information.
• Safeguarding: Remain vigilant at all times to any safeguarding concerns within the day to day performance of your job role, sharing and learning from these experiences to ensure our statutory and organisational responsibilities are met in respect of safeguarding children & vulnerable adults.
• Conflict of interest: Declare any involvement either directly or indirectly with any firm, company or organisation that has a contract with We Are With You.
• Equal Opportunities and Diversity: Ensure that all service users, partners, carers, and colleagues in We Are With You and partner organisations are treated as individuals within our Diversity and Equality framework.
• Health and Safety: Compliance at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations and We Are With You’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, ensuring reasonable care is taken with regard to yourself as well as any colleague, service user or visitor who might be affected by an act or failure to act by yourself.
• Quality Assurance: To ensure all activities are delivered in a way that supports and maintains We Are With You's registration with the Care Quality Commission and appropriate agencies in the devolved administrations.
• Self-development: Ensure you take responsibility for development and keep learning in your role.
• Any Other duties: To undertake any other duties that are reasonable and are commensurate with the role as directed by the Executive Director of Services in line with the changing needs of the service and legal requirements.