People and Talent Administrator
Big Society Capital
- Closing: 12:00pm, 6th Feb 2023 GMT
Job Title: People and Talent Administrator
Department: People and Talent
Reports to: Senior Director, People and Talent
Grade and Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (Officer – Core)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Hybrid / London, EC4A and homeworking
Big Society Capital (BSC) exists to improve the lives of people in the UK through investment with a sustainable return. We are the leading social impact-led investor, restless for change and we are looking for an enthusiastic administrator with a passion for social impact to join our team as an administrator. We foster a collaborative, inclusive working environment with a culture of continuous learning, and where everyone is encouraged to bring their own creative ideas. Throughout your time with us, you will gain experience in HR administration within the social impact investment sector, gaining exposure to people and talent activities and building and facilities management through to legal and compliance support.
This is an excellent opportunity to begin and accelerate your career in HR, playing a key role as part of our lean, dynamic and friendly People and Talent team. While an administrative background would be beneficial, it is more important that you are someone who loves to be organised and proactive, and are enthusiastic about creating a positive office culture where employees can thrive.
You will also collaborate closely with the Legal & Compliance Team and Senior Business Support Manager on wider administration across the business.
What you will do
Create and maintain accurate and efficient administrative processes within the People and Talent team, ensuring candidates and new joiners have a positive experience with BSC. This will include:
· recruitment administration from recruitment to offer stage
· coordinating onboarding processes and booking inductions
· ensuring new joiners are set up on HR systems (PayCor; Iris)
· Gathering employee data (e.g. sickness absence; turnover) and ensuring information is up to date
· Supporting the wider Core Group (IT, Finance, People & Talent, Business Support; Legal & Compliance; Data & Portfolio Management) with booking team meetings and events
· Work closely with the wider team of administrators across BSC, sharing best practice and providing support and cover when needed
· Providing support to ensure in-person and hybrid (virtual and office-based) meetings run smoothly
· Supporting Core Group’s relationship management using Salesforce CRM database
2) People and Business Support
· Creating an enjoyable space for internal colleagues and external stakeholders, ensuring the office environment is kept tidy and presentable
· Coordinating visitor administration, liaising with building reception and welcoming guests
· Managing the ordering and storage of kitchen and office consumables
· Managing incoming and outgoing office post and couriers
· Supporting the collation of information to ensure BSC’s registration as a B Corp (a certification that demonstrates our commitment as a business to wider social and environmental goals) is maintained
· Supporting the Compliance Manager with administration of internal staff compliance training - booking training, sending tests and logging results, and processing annual declarations to ensure regulatory requirements are met
· Support Heads of Legal on people related compliance matters, including standardised job descriptions and requirements around the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR)
· Any other administrative duties that may arise
What you will bring:
· An enthusiastic and proactive attitude to work with an enjoyment of creative problem solving
· Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively
· Ability to use IT systems to improve administrative processes and create efficiencies, with a strong attention to detail
· A love for working with people and as part of both a lean, and wider team – an empathetic and collaborative approach
· Experience in an administrative, operational or business support role
· Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with discretion
· Passion for and interest in social impact investment
Embody Big Society Capital core values:
Ø Purposeful –We are passionate and energetic in our work to bring about our long-term vision of a thriving social investment market that enables positive social impact.
Ø Pioneering Spirit - We give our team the autonomy and flexibility to be entrepreneurial and creative. We have the courage to push boundaries and a restless drive for change
Ø Openness - We listen, learn, experiment and collaborate. And we are adaptive and flexible in responding to what we learn.
Ø Rigorous - We take a rigorous approach in all we do. We expect the highest standards and continually strive for excellence
Ø Respectful - We are genuine in both our approach and aspiration. We value each member of our team and our partners for what they bring.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from racialised communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
· Location: We are a UK-based business with an office in the Chancery Lane area of London, accessible to a number of public transport links. Our current approach allows colleagues to split their time between office and home working. You may be asked to come into the office more often as the role requires. We hope that this working pattern encourages Big Society Capital employees to achieve a healthy balance between work and personal goals, as we continue to adapt to the changing needs of our diverse workforce.
· Right to work: candidates must have the right to work in the UK for this position
· Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: Big Society Capital is committed to being a diverse organisation that is truly representative of the communities we serve. We therefore welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, particularly those under-represented in the social impact investment sector (e.g. people from LGBTQIA+; racialised; disabled; under-served communities)
We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. We want every colleague to be able to deliver their work with dignity, equality, comfort and independence. Our office is fully accessible with step-free access and an open-plan set up. We are open to accommodation requests regarding assistive technologies, accessibility tools, flexible working or any other reasonable adjustments that will make working or visiting here more accessible for you. If you have a disability or other access needs and require any support to assist you through the recruitment process, please get in touch with Ruth Davidson (People and Talent Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Disability Confident employer, we guarantee an interview for all candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the job. We are defining a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010, as a person who has a physical or mental impairment, and the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities. You will be asked in your Applied application whether this applies to you.
Round 1 interviews will be held during w/c 13 February 2023
Round 2 interviews will be held during w/c 20 February 2023
You can find out more about our recruitment approach here
Removing bias from the hiring process
Applications closed Mon 6th Feb 2023
Removing bias from the hiring process
- Your application will be anonymously reviewed by our hiring team to ensure fairness
- You’ll need a CV/résumé, but it’ll only be considered if you score well on the anonymous review
Applications closed Mon 6th Feb 2023