Do you have the ambition to become General Manager?
With our major global presence and ambitious growth plans, Hilton needs to develop a strong cadre of future General Managers (GMs) for our Owned & Managed hotels around the world.
Elevator is a Personal Development Programme for globally mobile graduates to prepare you to be ready for a hotel GM position within 5-8 years after completing the programme. It is the first rung on our talent management ladder, offering accelerated development into a first management position followed by a fast track, structured career path with ongoing development to help you to maximise your future potential with us. It is a globally consistent programme, managed on a Regional basis.
What does the Programme cover?
The Programme is designed to give you the foundation knowledge for your journey to GM through a broad based management learning experience across all core functions of the hotel.
It is an 18 month programme based on two placements in two different countries and/or Regions. It includes:
- Structured Group Orientation
- Tailored Job Experience in all Functions, taking account of any previous experience
- Formal off-the-job learning in a range of business disciplines
- Virtual Classrooms and Hilton University e-modules
- Two major Business Projects
- Personal Mentor (typically a seasoned GM)
- Competency Based Personal Development Plan
- Career Development Reviews
What are YOUR learning benefits?
By attending the Programme you will build critically important technical, business and leadership skills that will form the foundation of your future career as a GM.
The blend of on-the-job experience, off–the-job development and learning, and the support and sponsorship of our business leaders will be an invaluable experience for you and your Programme peers.
At the end of the Programme you will be ready for your first management position as Department Manager.
If you are interested, please apply online by clicking the link at the top right of this page.
The criteria are:
- You have a true ambition to become General Manager.
- You have to be graduated in the period from July 2017 until August 2019 from a Bachelor/Master Degree.
- You have to be available to start in full-time employment on September 1st, 2019.
- You must have a nationality from one of the Middle East and African countries. Furthermore you must be willing/able to live and work in MEA.
- You will be fluent in English. A second modern language would be considered a plus
- You are internationally mobile within MEA, with preferably hotel or hospitality work experience.
There is a rigorous selection process that includes education criteria, on line tests and questionnaires, a competency based interview with a General Manager, and an Assessment Center. This not only helps to identify the right candidates, but if you are selected, it is the start of your personal development journey with Hilton.
Our Partnership with Applied
Applied is a hiring platform that uses behavioural and data science to improve recruitment decisions by making them smarter, fairer, and easier. Within Hilton, we are using Applied to manage our EMEA Graduate Development Programmes, including Elevator & Finesse, in order to provide our candidates with the best possible candidate experience applying to work in our team - from the application process itself to making sure everyone has access to feedback on how they performed.
Who can I contact for additional questions?
If you still might have any questions, please contact:
Senior Manager Graduate Recruitment
Europe, Middle East & Africa