Made by Many London is opening its doors to an internship team this summer. If you’re excited by making products that matter and would like the opportunity to explore this through a three-month internship, read on.
We combine a strong cross-disciplinary approach to work and are looking for a Product Designer, a Technologist and a Product Manager to join the programme. You will work together as a team, to a defined brief, with mentorship and coaching from experienced Made by Many people.
Who should apply
You exhibit curiosity and an interesting way of thinking about the world and your work. Empathy for users is a fundamental quality we look for, so show us a surprising / unusual / challenging / meaningful approach to your ideas, with examples of how you’ve engaged with users in the past.
We’re also looking for evidence that:
- you have the makings of a systems thinker - demonstrate your capacity to see the bigger picture, to make connections between things, to design a complete end-to-end service
- your portfolio tells the story of your work, shows your thinking, articulates the process you follow
Lastly, it’s not imperative that you’ve launched an app or website, but you can still demonstrate your prototyping skills. We need people who can prototype iteratively and fairly rapidly, learning from each stage of the process.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
You’ll team up with two other interns: a Technologist and a Product Manager to work on existing digital products. Throughout the process, you'll gain first-hand experience using the same design tools and methods we use every day, including user research, collaborative sketching and rapid prototyping. In the end, you'll walk away with an amazing set of skills and sterling work to boost your portfolio.
To see what this looks like, check out this blog last year’s interns created, and take a look at Hackaball, a connected device conceived by a few of our interns in London.
What you should know
- The internship runs for 3 months (July-September)
- This is a paid, full-time position (40 hours/week)
- We require that you work here, in person, in our canal-side London studio
- We are currently only accepting people who are eligible to work in the EU