To define, plan and deliver an excellent Trussell Trust people experience, across all our audiences. Provide strong and effective leadership to the People and Culture Team and to drive the People Strategy activities that support the Trussell Trust’s aims and objectives to achieve the vision to end the need for foodbanks in the UK.
● The Head of People and Culture will work across the organisation to inform and shape the strategic alignment of associated people activities.
● Advise the Senior Leadership Group and People and People and Culture board, via the Director of People, on legal compliance and risk mitigation, protecting the organisation’s interests and reputation.
● Develop close working relationships internally and externally to enable a culture of collaboration, participation and inclusivity, working closely with the Director of D&I to be a strong advocate of EDI.
● To develop and promote pay, reward and employment policies which strengthen and support effective staff recruitment, retention, motivation, performance and career development.
● Ensure people processes are simple and fit-for-purpose and develop and utilise organisational HR information systems that inform management decision making.
● Engage proactively with leaders to develop resourcing plans and ensure that recruitment services meet organisation needs.
● Work collaboratively with the Head of Learning and Development and their team to provide professional expertise in the implementation of the talent review process which results in the creation of robust succession planning across the organisation.
● Engage with managers to build capacity and capability to deal effectively with employee relations matters, including clear policies, consistent, pragmatic and timely HR advice, and appropriate coaching and training.
● Work collaboratively with the strategic communications team to develop effective and timely employee engagement including effective use of the Staff Council.
● Reflect the values of the Trussell Trust, role-modelling behaviours and acting as an advocate of the culture, diversity and inclusivity, ensuring it thrives throughout the organisation
● To lead on the people plan activities, aligning resources and managing budgets where appropriate
● Any other reasonable duties as specified by your line manager or members of the executive team to support the work of the Trust.