Bethnal Green Ventures is Europe’s leading early-stage ‘tech for good’ investor. We’ve backed over 80 social ventures including DrDoctor, Fairphone, Open Utility, Run an Empire, TalkLife and many others. We’re best known for our accelerator programme which selects cohorts of ten teams and puts them through a three month programme of intensive mentoring and support in London. But now we’re ready to grow and take advantage of the opportunities we have to invest more significant sums and support social ventures at a wider range of stages.
The BGV Team Organiser will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating project management for BGV, making sure that we deliver on time and on budget what we’ve promised to our partners and ventures. Working alongside our COO you'll make sure we're working on the right things, at the right time, in the most efficient way.
- Managing our space at Ministry of Startups in Shoreditch in London - ensuring it is collaborative, energetic and a great experience for everyone. We'll have around 40 people in the office at any one time.
- Managing our day to day finances (basic bookkeeping).
- Co-ordinating our investment selection process, from applications to scheduling interviews, to team inductions. For example, during our last selection round we had 190 applications and held 80 interviews across 4 days.
- Managing general enquires that come into our email@example.com inbox.
The successful candidate will be:
- Driven by good administration. You’ll have excellent diary management skills and be good at juggling lots of things at once whilst having an eye for detail.
- Excited by the tech for good startup scene and motivated by our mission.
- Comfortable with finance and operational management.
- Enjoy working in a small, highly collaborative team which works at a fast pace and has an open and honest culture.
- Salary of £25,000 - £33,000 depending on experience.
- Contributory Pension scheme.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Interest-free season ticket and bicycle loans.
- Open to flexible working arrangements.
- Personal learning and development budget.