To define, plan and assist delivery of an excellent Trussell Trust people experience, across all our audiences. Provide strong and effective leadership to the Learning and Development Team and drive the strategic direction on Learning and Development activities that assist the Trussell Trust’s aims and objectives as detailed in the People Strategy. Leading a team of people passionate about delivering an excellent people Learning and Development offer.
· The Head of Learning and Development will enable Trussell Trust’s strategy leading the delivery of an excellent, fit for purpose, cost effective and innovative Learning and Development Team
· Lead the design and delivery of activities for developing leadership, management and core skills, Talent and succession planning across the organisation
· Advise the Senior Leadership Group and People and People and Culture board, via the Director of People, on legal compliance and risk mitigation, protecting the organisation’s interests and reputation.
· Provide an end to end learning offer for all training requirements for all audiences across the Trust
· Work strategically with external organisations and partners to inform and influence on the changing training needs of audiences
· Facilitate effective insight to people metrics to drive conversations and prompt activity to improve organisation performance
· Develop close working relationships internally and externally to enable a culture of collaboration, and, in doing so, ensure that the department works in a similar fashion towards an inclusive culture and learning environment
· To lead on the department plan activities, aligning resources and managing budgets where appropriate
· To deliver and/or contribute to the delivery of key elements of the People Strategy
· Work in Collaboration with Head of People and Culture teams and Director of Diversity and Inclusion to ensure the Learning and Development Strategies are in alignment
· Reflect the values of the Trussell Trust, role-modelling leadership behaviours and acting as an advocate of the culture, diversity and inclusivity, ensuring it thrives throughout the organisation
· Represent the Trussell Trust internally and externally reflecting its values and vision.
· Participate in regular 1:1s and annual reviews, contributing to the identification of objectives and targets, and monitoring of progress towards them.
· Develop a culture of innovation, resourcefulness and best practice to make the best use of time and skills across the team.
· Promote collaborative and flexible working across the People & Culture Team and the wider Trust.