When meeting us, you’ll quickly find out we are united in our belief that the best thing about the ABI is the people.
We’re proud to be one of Rate My Placement’s top employers and have four placement year opportunities starting in Summer 2021. This one is in our Member Relations, Partners & Events team.
What’s the job?
Your team will help you gain real insight into working in the corporate world. You’ll be in the unique position of communicating with everyone at the ABI – from the Director General to the Assistant population – and you’ll be their prime point of contact for all-things member related.
During your time with us, you will experience:
Why the ABI?
What skills do I need?
You don’t need any prior work experience and we don’t ask for you to be studying a specific degree, however you may find your area of study lends itself to a particular placement year opportunity. If you’re studying a business or social sciences related degree – or anything that requires you run research and analysis, this is a brilliant internship to get you real-world, corporate experience that will provide you with lots of great experience on your CV.
Other than being eligible to complete a placement year as part of your degree course starting in Summer 2021, we’re looking for people who are self-motivated, hard working and can communicate effectively with a range of people.
For this role, it’s essential you’ve had some experience of producing research and analysis – as you’ll help keep our member profiles up to date and accurate and we’ll explore this in your application and interview.
Throughout the interview and assessment process, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the ABI’s values; We are Brave; We take Ownership; We are Appreciative; We are Human and We are Curious. For more information about what these mean to us, please visit: https://www.abi.org.uk/about-the-abi/careers/our-values/
You can find out how we use your personal information by reading our candidate Privacy Notice https://www.abi.org.uk/about-the-abi/careers/abi-candidate-privacy-notice/.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer and as such, we:
· Are partnered with Vercida who provide an accessible website accredited by The Shaw Trust. Our jobs can be viewed on Vercida here.
· Are committed to making reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process as required for disabled candidates. To discuss in more detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also check this with you should you be invited to interview
· Offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for a role. If you believe this may apply to you, you will be able to indicate this on your application form. Please note that there may be occasions where it is not practicable or appropriate for us to interview all disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. In certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, we may need to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
The Association of British Insurers is the voice of the UK’s world-leading insurance and long-term savings industry. A productive, inclusive and thriving sector, our industry is helping Britain thrive with a balanced and innovative economy, employing over 300,000 individuals in high-skilled lifelong careers, two-thirds of which are outside of London.
The UK insurance industry manages investments of over £1.7 trillion, pays nearly £12bn in taxes to the Government and powers growth across the UK by enabling trade, risk-taking, investment and innovation. We are also a global success story, the largest in Europe and the fourth largest in the world.
Founded in 1985, the ABI represents over 200 member companies providing peace of mind to households and businesses across the UK, including most household names and specialist providers.
The ABI’s role is to:
· Get the right people together to help inform public policy debates, engaging with politicians, policymakers and regulators at home and abroad;
· Be the public voice of the sector, promoting the value of its products and highlighting its importance to the wider economy and society;
· Help encourage consumer understanding of the sector’s products and practices; and
· Support a competitive insurance industry, in the UK and overseas.
If you would like to know more about the ABI and the work we do please visit www.abi.org.uk. You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram too.