Bethnal Green Ventures is Europe’s leading early-stage ‘tech for good’ investor. We’ve backed over 80 social ventures including DrDoctor, Fairphone, Open Utility, Run an Empire, TalkLife and many others. We’re best known for our accelerator programme which selects cohorts of ten teams and puts them through a three month programme of intensive mentoring and support in London. But now we’re ready to grow and take advantage of the opportunities we have to invest more significant sums and support social ventures at a wider range of stages.
We are looking for someone to join our team to help find, select and support the best technology-based social ventures in Europe.
As a venture adviser you will be responsible for:
- Finding new ventures by representing BGV externally and seeking out talented social venture founders.
- Delivering training and advice during our accelerator programme, working closely with the rest of the team and our mentor network.
- Developing external relationships and partnerships that will be useful to our portfolio ventures.
- Providing follow-on support to our alumni.
The successful candidate will be:
- Founder friendly and willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to help them turn their ideas into reality. You’ll care about the startups we support and try to make a difference in a helpful, humble, constructive way.
- Excited by the tech for good startup scene and motivated by the social impact we’re trying to achieve.
- Experienced in working with startups, preferably you’ll have been a founder or worked in an early stage venture. Experience working with startups outside the UK a plus.
- Good at getting things done and willing to muck in on everything we do at BGV.
- Happy to work in a small, highly collaborative team which works at a fast pace and has an open and honest culture.
- Salary of £37,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
- Contributory Pension scheme.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Interest-free season ticket and bicycle loans.
- Open to flexible working arrangements.
- Personal learning and development budget.