Sport Engagement Officer
- Closing: 11:59pm, 26th Mar 2023 BST
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) is on a mission to protect clean sport and currently has an exciting opportunity available for you to join us.
We’re looking to recruit a Sport Engagement Officer, joining the Education, Insight & Global Engagement directorate to play an active role in developing and coordinating an annual support programme for National Governing Bodies (NGBs) and encourage them to maximise prevention of doping through education.
To ensure doping-free sport, promoting and protecting clean sport through education, testing and enforcement.
Integrity – We do what is right for clean sport, we are equitable and ethical, ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Collaboration – We work together and with others, sharing knowledge and building relationships to better tackle doping.
Excellence – We strive to achieve high standards in the protection of clean sport, evolving with the times and finding solutions.
Passion – We are dedicated to keeping sport clean, are proud of what we do and know it matters.
You will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop and coordinate an annual support programme for National Governing Bodies (NGBs) to encourage them to maximise prevention of doping through education.
Identify and facilitate the sharing of best practice across the UK, supporting over 100 NGBs from across the UK.
Develop and implement a rigorous and effective monitoring process to ensure NGBs meet the mandatory clean sport education requirements (and ensure their compliance with the National Anti-Doping Policy).
Key result areas include
Programme Coordination and Development
• Support NGBs to develop, implement and monitor their clean sport education strategies and implementation plans.
• Develop and implement an innovative annual calendar of support to ensure NGBs can access appropriate resources, including the opportunity to share practice across the sector.
• Ensure the needs of NGB and other key partners are reflected in organisation wide campaigns and events, specifically Clean Sport Week and Clean Sport Connect.
• Provide critical feedback on NGB education strategies as required.
• Support a robust equivalency process for NGBs to gain UKAD approval for use of their own resources.
• Coordinate and support a team of approximately eight National Trainers to implement the support programme and an annual cycle of monitoring (using UKAD’s learning management system and other online solutions where appropriate) to support NGBs and provide an accountability mechanism for their education strategies and implementation plans.
• Liaise with NGB personnel following requests for specific support (e.g. workshops, outreach) and follow internal processes to allocate appropriate resources.
• Engage in and support the development of education team plans including contributing to the annual impact report.
• Work with the Deputy Head of Education to manage the risks associated with key NGB work areas.
• Support the Deputy Head of Education to manage the financial resources required to ensure the successful implementation of the NGB support programme and monitoring function.
• Undertake organisational reporting as required.
• Ability to gather, analyse and use data to respond to the needs of partners.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key personnel with a remit for anti-doping within an NGB and support the relationships and work with wider sports partners where required.
• Work closely and collaboratively with other internal teams (with a focus on Assurance, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement staff) to ensure a collaborative approach to stakeholder engagement and to ensure an alignment of our key messaging.
• Develop positive working relationships with internal UKAD teams that are required to offer technical input as part of wider support programme for NGBs.
Organisational and People Management
• Coordinate and deploy National Trainers with responsibility for supporting the Assurance Framework education work strand.
• Facilitate relevant training and support for National Trainers to ensure they can fulfil these roles effectively.
Policy and Procedures
• Engage with any Policy or Code revision processes as required, including assisting the Head and Deputy Head of Education with the implementation of the International Standard for Education and Code requirements.
• Adhere to organisational policies and procedures.
• Participate in and where appropriate lead the review and development of specified UKAD business procedures and processes.
• Support the organisations quality management standards.
· Minimum of three years’ experience in managing programmes and projects.
· Experience of working within a sports organisation, NGB or similar, or further level education.
· Knowledge of the sport structure in the UK and the issues faced by high-performance and recreational/amateur sport in relation to anti-doping and drug misuse (desirable).
· Knowledge of the International Standard for Education and UK Anti-Doping rules and policies (desirable).
· Experience of writing strategic plans and/or supporting colleagues in writing a strategic plan within an education or sport setting.
· Experience of working with senior staff members in organisations using reflection as a key tool to reach consensus decisions (desirable).
· Proactive, enthusiastic, personable and professional – team player.
· Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to develop education programmes in a range of formats.
· Ability to adapt complicated and technical information into simple user-friendly content.
· Learning programme design and curriculum development experience (desirable).
· Good planning, organisation and monitoring ability with the capability of working on multiple projects and still producing high-quality results.
· Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally to achieve impactful results.
· Able to develop innovative solutions and use initiative in problem-solving, including the ability to assess risk and take decisive action.
· Ability to balance and prioritise a demanding workload, remaining calm under pressure.
· Confident presenter and external speaker adjusting communication, style and approach as required.
· Able to cope in challenging environments, including delivering critical feedback with tact and diplomacy.
· Excellent attention to detail, able to review content effectively pre-publication.
· Experience in the use of IT systems and database systems.
· Ability to work in a team where team members are based across multiple sites.
· Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
· Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
· SMART working – hybrid working arrangement between home and the office
· Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
· Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year
· Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Quarterly wellbeing half days each year
· Eye care vouchers
· Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with UKAD contributing an additional four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
· Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
· Family friendly leave including emergency leave and parental leave
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Interest free Season Ticket Loan
· Staff Consultation Forum
· Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Working Party
Removing bias from the hiring process
Applications closed Sun 26th Mar 2023
Removing bias from the hiring process
- Your application will be anonymously reviewed by our hiring team to ensure fairness
- You’ll need a CV/résumé, but it’ll only be considered if you score well on the anonymous review
Applications closed Sun 26th Mar 2023